Facebook has become a defacto standard for uploading and sharing many scenic photos with your friends by creating different albums. As an online security measure, it’s also important that you timely backup your photos to your local storage in a convenient form like the zip package. There are many different tools which can suffice this operation and we are going to discuss 3 methods of doing it.
This is a great online website using which you can do your work very easily. It creates a ZIP package of your entire Facebook albums database and gives you a link for downloading the zip to a commodious location of cloud or hard-drive.
Using PicknZip, you not only can download your own photos but also images in which you are tagged.
- Type PickNZip.com in the address bar.
- Now login with your Facebook account.
- Grant authority to this application.
- You will see a view like that in the screenshot below.
- You can click on “Find My Photos & Videos” button to analyze your images and get them.
- You have the extra option of choosing your friend’s name and all the photos tagged with your friend’s name will also be visible.
- Click the Download button and choose your format as .zip or .pdf.
- Your images will start downloading.
- You also have a personal option of downloading all the images in which you are tagged.
This is one way of downloading Facebook albums to your local drive and backing them up. There are couple of other tools which provide the same functionality.
If you are using the Google Chrome browser, then you not deaf ear to extensions. PhotoLIve is a Chrome extension using which you can simply click and download any Facebook album. The tiny code is free and very easy to install.
- Install the Chrome browser, if you haven’t.
- Install the PhotoLive Chrome Extension.
- After the extension installation, you login to your Facebook account and will see a button something like in the screenshot.
- You click that button and navigate to the album you want to download.
- Now when you click the download button beside the album, your albums will start downloading in .zip format.
You can just thank the extension developer for creating such a code piece of script to download Facebook albums in bulk and restore them when necessary.
This piece of code works on Windows. You can use it to download photos album in bulk. You can download this application and login with Facebook. It will start analyzing your account and show you all the available images. The process is as follows.
- Download PhotoGrabber Desktop Client for Windows or Mac.
- Sign-in with your Facebook account and authorize the application to access your Facebook data.
- You will see the list of albums with check boxes next to them.
- Choose which ones you want to download and click Begin download.
- Now downloading starts and all the albums are downloaded into one .zip folder.
These are the three ways of how you can download your Facebook photos, albums, images in which you are tagged in bulk or single. These are not premium options and do not cost a penny. So just enjoy downloading these images.