illustrate is an innovative dictionary app that uses animated videos containing actual conversations and context as means to explain and elaborate the meaning of English words. The contextual explanation and visual illustration help the users understand the accurate meanings of a word and their usage. The app is useful for anyone looking to further their understanding of English words or improve their vocabulary - from young students learning new words to working adults trying to better their vocabulary to teachers searching for tools to explain words to their students to candidates appearing for tests like SAT, GRE, GMAT, ACT, MCAT and LSAT. The app is also suitable for students in the ESL and EFL programs.
* Illustrate explains the meaning and usage of English language words using easy to understand videos.
* The animated videos showcase actual scenarios and conversations explaining the context and accurate usage of the word.
* Visual content and contextual information helps the user with remembering the correct meaning of words.
* New and experienced learners alike can benefit from the app
* The app is an excellent resource to improve vocabulary for candidates appearing in standardized tests like SAT, GRE, GMAT, ACT, MCAT and LSAT
* The app serves as a fun classroom tool for English Language Teachers to introduce and explain new words.
* A search tool is implemented to easily find words of interest.
* The user can mark words as 'favorites' to make them easier to find later.
* The 'Trending' Section allows users to explore what other illustrate users find interesting at the current point in time.
* The 'Popular' function lets the user see the most viewed words among illustrate users over time.
* Easy sign in using existing Facebook and GoogleConnect
* User can share the details of the words and videos watched to facebook, twitter and googleplus
* A new 'Word Of The Day' is updated daily to help users discover new and interesting words.
* A new 'Question Of The Day' is provided daily that tests the usage of English words in sentences
* A new 'Fact Of the Day' is offered everyday for users to learn interesting tidbits about the English language.
* For every word, the app suggests other relevant words to explore.
- video_dictionary_screenshot.jpg (28.3 KiB) Viewed 5389 times
Works With: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
Free / Paid: Free